Wana Brands is the most trusted edibles company in North America. This position helps to promote Wana Brands by managing operations in Massachusetts. The role will manage the sales team and accounts within a specific geographic territory. The Massachusetts Sales Manager will develop and execute the overall sales strategy to meet quarterly goals, while providing guidance and training to the team.
Previous cannabis industry experience is highly recommended and sales management experience is a must.
- Direct and coordinate activities involving sales of infused cannabis products
- Manage sales team and sales support staff
- Set sales goals and conduct quarterly reviews
- Manage sales activity
- Manage day to day decisions of the sales team and be the go-to for the sales team to brainstorm and problem solve
- Utilize business analytics software to communicate or present information for business strategy decision making, and monitoring sales goals
- Manage CRM software
- Assist sales team in cultivating high level relationships in dispensaries
- Manage sales side of new product launches
- Provide sales training to the team on an individual and group level
- Facilitate weekly sales team meetings
- Lead weekly 1:1 meetings
- Liaison for sales team with other areas in the company around operational issues
- Work with production team to problem solve and expedite issues
- Resolve escalated customer complaints regarding sales and service
- Passion for Wana Brands and knowledge of the industry
- Strong ability to model and train teams using consultative selling methods.
- Persuasive sales ability, including ability to effectively position Wana products against competitors
- Ability to develop constructive and cooperative working relationships with internal and external partners, maintaining them over time.
- Clearly communicate information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
- Persistence and positive attitude
- Attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong desire to provide exceptional customer service
- Ability to build relationships and rapport
- Flexible schedule and ability to work some weekends and evenings
- Travel Requirement of 50%
This position has overall supervisory responsibility for the Sales Team.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate effectively. The employee frequently is required to set up heavy equipment, move boxes, and other materials as needed.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This position regularly works normal business hours, Monday – Friday, 8:30a-5:00p. Some weekend and night work will be expected.
Travel includes both local and out-of-the-area travel with some overnight travel expected. Travel is up to 50% of work time.
Required Education and Experience
- Sales management experience 4-7 years.
- Cannabis experience a plus but not required.
Compensation and Benefits
- $95k-110k with potential $5k bonus per quarter
- Health, vision, dental insurance offered to all full-time employees
- Life Insurance
- Three weeks PTO, Six sick & Mental Health Days, One Floating Holiday, and eight paid holidays per year, and paid leave program
- Product discounts, pet insurance discounts, tuition reimbursement program, and more!
- 401k available after three months
Mountain High Products provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Mountain High Products complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Mountain High Products expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Mountain High Products’ employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge